H21 : Interfaces - How to synchronize the data of multiple inputs
Using a multi-adapter port, you can read signal data from multiple sources in parallel. This how-to is about synchronizing the incoming signals.
- Open the Ports View.
- Add a multi-adapter port and below the the adapters for you inputs.
- Open the 'Synchronization' section of your adapter (most adapter have)
- Check the 'Enable Sync' flag
- Modify the default script:
- The script tries to locate a domain position in the input in one of the other adapters (e.g. a reset position) and sets this position as root position for the input of this adapter.
- The script will be continuously executed as long new signal data is received and synchronization not done (isync.setSynced(...))
- Start simulation.
- Press "Start Streaming" button in the impulse tool-bar.
- As long synchronization is not achieved, impulse displays a tag in the symbol of the adapter