H30 : Presenting - How to create line diagrams from logs
If you are using the pattern log reader:
- The log signal (struct type) need to have numerical typed members. In case of the pattern log reader, attach a type descriptor to the attribute name (e.g. Value<Float>)
- In the plot configuration dialog of log signal select the "Member Extractor" production, type-in the member name and select Float as signal type.
- Select line diagram.
- You can extract numbers from any textual information using the Text Extractor production.
- Select Float signal type
- If your signal is of type struct, type in the member name.
- Optionally type in a filter (impulse will handle only those samples that contain the entered text)
- Type in the position to extract the number:
- Type in the text before the number (regular flag not set) e.g.: 'value:'
- Type in a regular expression and put the expression for the value in braces: '.*value\:([0-9]+).*'