Impulse can be installed from within your eclipse environment.
This article is based on impulse 1.8.
Install using "Install new Software..."
- Enter Install new Software... (usually in menu Help)
- Press "Add" and enter install location "http://update.toem.de".
- Select impulse plus additional extensions and press Next button
- Follow the instructions of the install process.
- Restart you did it !
... or use the Install Button
Adjust Heap space
The available heap space size directly affects the performance of impulse - especially if your are handling large signal data. To give impulse (and eclipse) enough buffers, you need to:
- Call eclipse with additional parameters to modify available heap size
eclipse [normal arguments] -vmargs -Xmx2048M [more VM args]
- or edit the config.ini of eclipse
-startup plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar --launcher.library plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120913-144807 -showsplash org.eclipse.platform --launcher.XXMaxPermSize 256m --launcher.defaultAction openFile -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M
You should adjust the heap at least to 2048M. I you have, give it more.
If you are using Linux, you should switch to GTK 2:
Documentation, Support and Feedback
- Enter your ideas, problems and proposals into our issue tracker (github)
- Join the Impulse User Group on LinkedIn.
- Leave a comment on Eclipse Marketplace