Impulse can be installed from within your eclipse environment.
This article is based on impulse 1.8.
Install using "Install new Software..."
- Enter Install new Software... (usually in menu Help)
- Press "Add" and enter install location "http://update.toem.de".
- Select impulse plus additional extensions and press Next button
- Follow the instructions of the install process.
- Restart you did it !
... or use the Install Button
Adjust Heap space
The available heap space size directly affects the performance of impulse - especially if your are handling large signal data. To give impulse (and eclipse) enough buffers, you need to:
- Call eclipse with additional parameters to modify available heap size
eclipse [normal arguments] -vmargs -Xmx2048M [more VM args]
- or edit the config.ini of eclipse
-startup plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar --launcher.library plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120913-144807 -showsplash org.eclipse.platform --launcher.XXMaxPermSize 256m --launcher.defaultAction openFile -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M
You should adjust the heap at least to 2048M. I you have, give it more.
If you are faced with strange problems like empty menus, the GTK version might be the problem.
In most cases the problems can be solved by switching to GTK 2:
--launcher.GTK_version 2See impulse and Linux for further information.
Documentation, Support and Feedback
- Enter your ideas, problems and proposals into our issue tracker (github)
- Join the Impulse User Group on LinkedIn.
- Leave a comment on Eclipse Marketplace